Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The First Festival


Actors Lise Hart and Mikhail Blokh and our awards.
 
My film DEADLY REVISIONS had its world premiere in Los Angeles last month.  It came with great fanfare:  not only was I notified I had been accepted to the festival, I was informed my film had won two top accolades!  Yes, our first film festival and we were already the proud recipients of the L.A. Movie Awards for Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor (For Bill Oberst, Jr.).  Not a bad beginning at all.
 

The festival was hosted by my friend Stephen Tako, a terrific bonus, as he’s a very gracious, supportive fellow actor.  The screening was also the first opportunity a few cast and crew had to see the film.  Then, of course, there were the awards.  With Bill out of town shooting another film, I ended up with my hands full. Fortunately, I had the help of the other actors for some of the red carpet photos as you can see above.   The wins have spurned more distributor interest and it has been an experience to see what has come our way.  But I’ll discuss more about that at a later time.
 

For now, we’re getting ready for more festivals.  Our New York premiere is next week at the NYC Independent Film Festival.  Then we make our San Diego premiere Halloween night at the FANtastic Horror Film Festival, where we are nominated for five more awards.  Next up is the Texas premiere in December at the Twisted Tails Film Festival in Dallas.   We’re also official selections of the Terror Film Festival and the Depth of Field International Film Festival (where we’ve been nominated for “Best Horror Film”).

So if you’d like to see the film ahead of any release, grab a ticket to one of the screenings.  And, since festival directors love when the director is present to talk about the film, it’s my goal to make an appearance at as many screenings as possible, so look for me and come say “Hello”. 
 
 
Selected reviews to date:
"Amazing Flick!"
(GuestStars Blog)

"Mind Blowing!"
(Char Hardin Blogspot)

"Visionary!"
(A Bucket of Corn)

"Genuinely Fun Jolts!"
(Ain't It Cool News)

"Very Clever!"
(Matchflick)

"Recommended!"
(re-Search my Trash)

"A twisted mind bender!"
(Twisted Central)

"Gleeful fun!"
(More Horror)

“A well-made, tension filled thrill ride!”
(Horror Society)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment